Sunday 21 October 2007

My First Craft Fair!!!

I participated in my very first craft fair on Saturday! It was held at the Horticultural Halls in Victoria, London, and embassies from all the Commonwealth countries came together to sell items from their country. My contingent, the Singapore team, sold food and jewellery.

AND ... It was a complete BLAST! It went so unbelievably well and it far exceeded my most humble of expectations! As I had never done a fair before, I was filled with a mixture of excitement and anxiety in the morning (almost falling ill and praying so hard that I wouldn't) ... I kept telling myself that even if I didn't manage to sell my things, I would've gained so much experience and exposure for my Etsy store and that, in itself, is priceless. So imagine how stunned I was when I sold more than half my wares!!! I was completely blown away by the success of the fair and my dear readers, my knees are still trembling and I'm still reeling from all the excitement... :)

Here are some pics from yesterday - enjoy! I know I did! ;)

My Little Corner of Indulgence

me ... :)

A more close-up view - about 2 hours into the fair











I made my own tags & they received so many compliments, much to my delight!

Josh, everyone's little helper for the day, arranging some sauce bottles ...

The kiddies were being taken of by my dear hubby the whole day whilst I worked at my stall...

A back aerial view ...

THEN, when I got back, I was in for another treat as my Autumn necklace was right smack on the front page of Etsy! I had convos upon convos and emails congratulating me on the feature. It was featured on MaryMarsh's treasury and this was chosen to grace Etsy's front page!

It brought so much traffic to my site - utterly amazing. T'was a good day for me indeed. :)


10 comments:

Over The Top Aprons said...

Marsha, I am so excited for your -- for your successful gift show, for the Etsy. front page. I truly wish you continued great success. Your works is so lovely!!

lola said...

It must have been a great experience! Congrats, Marsha. :)

Anonymous said...

So have you come down to earth yet? ;)

It all looks incredible and I have to say yet again how chuffed I am for you that the day was such a success!

Love Nat
xoxo

MaryMarsh said...

Oh Marsha, what a wonderful day for you! I'm so happy the craft fair was such a success! Your booth was lovely! And it's so awesome your Autumn necklace made it to the front page!! :)

Bonny (Bonny Jewelry) said...

How absolutely frickin' awesome!!! So happy for you and your successes - well deserved!!

Amy-Razz Pizazz Boutique said...

You have been nominated, please see my blog :)
Blessings,
Amy

E and E Bungalow said...

Woohoo!! Congrats girl! All that stress and work you did certainly paid off! So awesome also about your front page exposure! What a great day for you !

Feltland said...

Congrats for you craft fair ... It seems you had a great time :)
So glad - your jewellery is amazing ...

mushroommeadows said...

YAY! I'm so happy for you!

I LOVE the tags you made; they're adorable! :)

Sewlutions' World said...

Congratulations on an awesome day! Your table looked very nice.