Tuesday 5 February 2008

Greetings from SINGAPORE!

Hi once again to all my dear readers! It's been a REAL long time since I last blogged and I do apologise for having been missing in action all this while.

We arrived on December 29th and hit the ground running - literally. Dashed off to get Joshua's school shoes, got his school books and uniform ready for his new school which started just 3 days later! Catching up with family was next on our to-do list and me-oh-my, Gaby had such a hard time adjusting to all the new faces. She decided to turn into a koala bear and turned into a permanent accessory on my arm. Thankfully enough though, she's slowly but surely getting used to the faces around her as well as to the new environment.

The next big thing we were faced with was looking for contractors to do up our apartment. Getting wardrobes, curtains etc from IKEA - love IKEA, and all that needs to be done now is the actual renovation itself, which won't happen till after the Chinese New Year just around the corner.

'Nuff said. It's great to be able to have help with the kiddos at long last, I'm so deeply appreciative of all the help I'm getting now, especially since I've been away from my family for 9 years! And it's extremely wonderful to be able to just zip around over to my mum's place as and when I can ... that's cool!

Here are just a couple of pics of Singapore's skyline ... more pics to follow shortly, I promise. I hope to fill my etsy store soon with new goodies ... here's when I wish there were more hours in the day.

Hope everyone is well ... I have missed you all and am off to catch up on all my fellow bloggers now. In the meantime, enjoy these pics ...



15 comments:

LazyTcrochet said...

It's so good to see you're back and enjoying your time with your family! Wonderful pictures.....thanks! My dad visited Singapore as a journalist almost 30 years ago.

Bonny (Bonny Jewelry) said...

Welcome back! - so glad your move went smoothly and things are starting to settle into place! Singapore looks beautiful - and I can appreciate how much you must be loving being so close to your family again. Take care and good luck with the renovations :)

Sakura said...

Thanks for the lovely comments on my blog hon. Glad you and your family are settling back into life in Singapore :D The photos are absolutely gorgeous!

I went to Singapore when I was much muuuuuuuuuuuch younger and remember it being an immaculately clean place.

Much love to you and yours ♥ great to see you back on the blog.

Sakura ♥

Anonymous said...

Hurrah! Welcome back Marshie :)

(NB: Bump is doing well - will send you a pic as soon as I can get it ordered from the photographer)

N
xx

Julia said...

Welcome back to blogland! I've missed you too :) So glad that you've arrived and are getting settled in. Be sure to keep us updated!

florspace said...

The pictures look great! Welcome to this hot house. So great to actually hear you today! And yes, call to complain, anytime. :+)

MaryMarsh said...

Welcome Back!! Missed you so much! I know you are so glad to be close to your mum and family again. Love your pics! Singapore is beautiful!! :) Take care sweety! ♥

lola said...

Hello Marsha, thanks for your visit, I am very glad to know you are well, enjoy your family! I know what is living withoth mom´s help, and specially without her presence. Regards.

E and E Bungalow said...

Great to hear from you again girlie! :) So glad to see you blogging again and enjoying life in S'pore! The photos are gorgeous! I'll have to visit S'pore soon....got a couch or two for my family to crash upon? :) Take care and talk soon!

Anonymous said...

so happy to hear you are settling in back home and finding some time for yourself again. welcome back! looking forward to seeing your new creations :-)

Anonymous said...

We miss you too!!!! HUGS thanks for the photos. they are great!

Shirley said...

welcome back to blogland. singapore looks fabulous! i am always amazed at how small-minded i am thinking everywhere is still dirt roads. ah well.. such is the life of the less-traveled.

can't wait to see what you have in store for us this year.

PeachPoPs said...

Hi Marsha!

I'm so glad the move to Singapore is going great. Being so close to family sounds like it's suiting you well and how nice to have everyone so close. The photos of Singapore are beautiful.

Happy New Year and may your year ahead be filled with happiness!

:-)

Sewlutions' World said...

It has been a long time and I am happy you are getting your life back in order.

mettle design studio said...

glad to see you're settling in alright! now we are closer than before... i will drop in so that we can have that 'shopping spree' & a bit of a coffee afternoon! s'pore is looking a bit glitzier since my last visit, although my other half has been there recently for a couple of days on the way back from tokyo.