Wednesday 12 March 2008

all done - phew!

Our home is officially DONE UP. PHeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeW! That was just plain crazy ... running around and coordinating with the contractor ... getting furniture from IKEA and then assemblingthem ... then unpacking 88,yes - 88 boxes. And after all that - it's done. YAY!!!
Here are some pics of our little apartment. We decided to keep it simple, zen and all woody ... :D

Our Main Entrance


Some framed antique plates which have been passed down from generation to generation ...


Our Living Room - Night Shot (those window rails are such an eye-sore but I suppose when you're on the 6th floor with a 2 year old, it's better to be safe than sorry)

My Little Kitchen - Had to work with the peach flooring the apartment came with. But it turned out well in the end me thinks...

And my cutey bedside table - check out those litle babies, and by that I don't mean the Japanese dolls ;) - just a teaser as to what will be available in my store soon!)

12 comments:

LazyTcrochet said...

It's beautiful! Zen and woody...sounds perfect for you.

MaryMarsh said...

It's gorgeous! I love it! What a wonderful place you have... Home sweet Home!

E and E Bungalow said...

Love the new/old apartment! I know you must be so relieved to be finally moved in and outta boxes eh girlfriend?! YOur kitchen rocks- love the dark wood!!!!!!!!!!!

mettle design studio said...

hey, that's great! what a cool space!
i wish you a v. quick 88 boxes! guess the only things that will still be stored away will be the big thick coats!

glad that you're blogging again!!

Anonymous said...

Its so good to hear from you. Your apartment looks great. Kudos to you. I'd never be able to live on a 6th floor. I have issues... lol

ohhh cant wait to see your new items in your shop!!!

lola said...

Lovely your apartment! Little kitchen? that´s because you haven,t seen mine! Thos windows rails are O.K. when my child was a baby a put them too, you are right on what you say about. ;)

Sakura said...

Wow Marsha your place is looking fab I love your taste and style! ♥

Sakura ♥

Feltland said...

Marsha I'm so glad to see you've finished with all the boxes and decoration ... hope you are happy in your new home ... :D

safira said...

i loooooovee looove LOVE your kitchen!!!
i know, geek... 0_o
your apt's uber nice! :)

Bonny (Bonny Jewelry) said...

Oh my word - I hate moving and would have nightmares about packing and unpacking 88 boxes. The apartment looks great - glad it all went smoothly :)

mushroommeadows said...

I'm glad your back!

Lovely home. Very nicely decorated! :D

Sewlutions' World said...

Very nice Marsha! It's a great feeling to be finally settled. What's next?