Friday 13 June 2008

evolving ...

I was speaking to my wonderful friend, a fellow Etsyian and highly talented metalsmith, howlindoggie, the other day, and I was telling her about how I'm totally hooked on vintage looking pieces now. She said my tastes/skills etc are evolving, which happens to almost all jewellery makers. It's a natural process every designer goes through - this need to experiment, change, evolve.

So seeing as how I'm in sync with vintage at the mo', I decided to experiment. I'm bringing vintage up a notch or two to where vintage meets zen. Here are my works-in-progress, they'll be turned into beautiful pendants shortly.

I love the effect produced by the juxtaposition of a pale and dark colour. What do you think?

9 comments:

mushroommeadows said...

WOW! Definitely different, but change is good!!! :) LOVELY, delicate looking pieces! :)

Distressing Delilah a.k.a. jenn said...

They are stunning! I really love how they are coming out.

Julia said...

I love, love, love them! WELCOME BACK!!! We've missed you!

LazyTcrochet said...

I think you're definitely on to something!

Sewlutions' World said...

I'm so glad you are BACK! Your new direction looks good on ya too. I think these will be a winner for sure.

bee said...

ohh I think you're doing a great job...they look super. Well done.

Over The Top Aprons said...

Marshal, this are so beautiful; I did not even know that the skill to do this still existed! Congrats. to you!

picciolo said...

I love the green one especially!
: )

Barbra said...

Absolutely lovely!♥