Saturday 17 March 2007

the accidental bracelet

Time check: 1.57am
Yes, I know ... I'm completely insane to be awake at this hour publishing a new post, but hey, indulge me ok?

You see, I had this "vision" of a really cool wooden bead/tibetan silver pair of earrings held together by sterling silver chains ... which DIDN'T, no - correction, COULDN'T see the light of day, simply because yours truly completely forgot that center drilled wooden beads (unlike top drilled ones) won't stay upright for long if held together by chains on either side. Instead they'll start to swivel ... and swivel they did.

SO! What's a gal to do with all that sterling chain which she refuses to cut to avoid wasting the links? She fashions it into a bracelet instead. And here it is ... I'm proud to display my simple yet stylish accidental bracelet:~


I finished this piece off with tibetan silver twist beads and man oh man, does it look pretty! I'm actually in love with it and will definitely be making another one for my store tomorrow.

Time check: 2.10am
This is where I draw the line everyone ... it's time to catch some zzzzzzz's! Good night and have a lovely weekend!

*yawn*

1 comments:

mettle design studio said...

cool! sometimes the best pieces happen that way!
i see you do things at all hours of the night also!

keep on makin'