Monday 23 July 2007

*experiment*

I bought these adorable and fun hair clips from the lovely MaryMarsh a few weeks back.
She makes the cutest and prettiest hair clips, hair bobbins, hair ponies and magnets using these handmade fabric covered buttons and you can't help but ooooh and ahhhhh when you browse through her little store of goodies.

These little beauties got me excited about making my very own fabric covered buttons and teaming them up with tiger ebony wooden beads to come up with unique jewellery pieces! I began tiptoeing into the unexplored world of fabric stashes & button components ... and I'm glad to say that my little experiment was a success! I made buttons like these:

and turned them into unique bracelets like this:
and this ...
Now seriously, how cool is THAT??? :)
Here's a big THANK YOU to MaryMarsh for providing the inspiration!!!

5 comments:

MaryMarsh said...

Thank you Marsha for the wonderful compliments! I am happy to be an inspiration to your beautiful new bracelets. You are a very gifted and talented artist! Keep up the great work! Thanks again for the feature! :)MaryMarsh

lola said...

Great! :)

Bonny (Bonny Jewelry) said...

Great new design! (I am too afraid to take on fabric too - I'd be inundated in no time with different fabrics!) your new bracelets are very cool!

mettle design studio said...

hey m,
they work well!!
cool stuff!!!
:D

Mymsie said...

So adorable! I've been wanting to make some of the hair clips but have a question - how are the fabric-covered buttons attached to the hair clips? Thanks!