Monday 12 November 2007

The Big 1*0*0*

My little store of Indulgence and I have reached a milestone ... we've reached 100 sales!

In retrospect, it's funny remembering that I took SO long to take the plunge and set up my Etsy store simply because I was scared of failure and of the unknown. I registered on Etsy in August '06 and was only a buyer then and all that while, something at the back of my mind was telling me to turn my love for jewellery into something BIG - something I would be proud of. Then in March '07, I decided that it was time - it was time to unleash my creative side and Etsy allowed me to perfect the whole Stay-At-Home-Mum thing AND achieve something so satisfying whilst doing that. It wasn't long before I 'found my feet' and decided on the style of jewellery I'd adopt. Much to my sheer delight, I received so much positive feedback and this only served as a big time confidence booster. It fuelled my need to create more and when I needed more of a challenge, I started bead designing. I now design a couple of my own beads so they're unique only to me. How very exciting!

Here I am now, 8 months later, feeling so chuffed that it was THE right decision I made and I'm eternally grateful to Etsy and to my family members who had so much faith in me and cheered me on every step of the way ... thanks for all the unwavering support and encouragement! Thanks also to all the inspirational friends I've made through Etsy, it's been an honour to be amongst such lovely and highly talented artists! A gazillion thanks to all my customers too - Where would I be without you? :) You've given me nothing but inspiration and delight in doing what I love and I hope this shows in my jewellery pieces. :)

So, to commemorate this wonderful achievement, I'm having a S*A*L*E from Sunday 11th November till Wednesday, 14th November. I'm offering a 20% discount on everything in store (except for the 1 sale item). Just mention '100 sale' in your message to seller upon checkout, and I'll send you a revised invoice.

Yay for the big 100!!! Now, to work towards that big 2*0*0!!! ;)

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

*yay!*
congratulations! wishing you continued success!!!

MaryMarsh said...

HOORAY! HOORAY! HOORAY! Congratulations Marsha on the BIG 100!!! I'm so happy for you! Way to go girlie!! :)

Sakura said...

Woohooooooo!!! :D CONGRATULATIONS you gorgeous, talented lady :D ♥ May you continue to be brilliant Marsha.

Sakura xx

l.y. said...

I take full responsibility for your etsy shopping sprees...hee. It's very cool that you started selling...you know me, too lazy to do so :) Here's to more etsy fun in the future! [p.s. I'm doing a craft pay it forward kind of thing...since you're like the only crafty person I know who actually reads my blog, thought I'd mention it :)]

lola said...

Congratulations!!! your jewelry is so nice! I knew you were a talented artist.

Bonny (Bonny Jewelry) said...

what a GREAT thing to achieve - you should be so proud of what you've accomplished! Congrats!! No surprise to me of course - I LOVE your pieces :)

Amy-Razz Pizazz Boutique said...

Congrats! It is so wonderful to meet milestones along the way of a fun, rewarding creative journey... Lots of hard work also, I know! yet it pays off and you will reap the rewards of your dedication!
blessings always
Amy

mushroommeadows said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! Getting to 100 sales in 8 months is amazing. Great work!!! :)

By the way, the mushroomElf is a boy. :)

Feltland said...

CONGRATS for the great 100 ...
Now - for the 200, 300, 400 ...

:D

E and E Bungalow said...

WOOHOO! Congrats girlie! I'm so happy for you! Now onto more and more sales! :)

mettle design studio said...

woo hoo!! go girl! looks like you'll be on 1000 soon!! it's no wonder you're doing so well - what a talent!!! and nice to boot! can't go wrong here!!! keep up the great work!!!

Claire said...

Hip hip hooray, well done Marsha!! Some day ill reach that big number, i have a long way to go :)