Wednesday 7 November 2007

keeping it simple

My latest custom order required the use of pearls. She wanted a necklace and earrings set and she told me to keep it VERY SIMPLE. I can do simple. But I didn't want it to look too plain either. So I gave it an edge by combining sterling silver findings with antique bronze filigree bead caps. And by placing the bead caps UNDER the pearls rather than over them, a whole new look was achieved. Simple yet different and definitely pretty - all in the same breath.



And her reaction?
"They are gorgeous! I couldn't have imagined a more perfect outcome. You must have an intuition about these things! :)"

2 comments:

Morgan Street said...

Marsha - those are totally gorgeous pieces!!!

MaryMarsh said...

Simply beautiful! Marsha, as always, you do have a special talent when it comes to creating something beautiful! Btw, I love the new earrings you posted today! So very chic! :)