Friday 13 April 2007

charm bracelet love



Maybe it's the cuteness of it, maybe it's the way it jingle-jangles on your wrist, maybe it's how every charm and bracelet tells a special story unique to its wearer, maybe it's how you can opt to put together a real heffalump of a bracelet or a dainty, feather light one or maybe it's all of the above! Whatever the reason, I LOVE charm bracelets (it must be hereditary cos' my mum has a penchant for them as well ... lol) =)

My current faves are a Tiffany one which my dear hubby bought as a birthday gift 2 years ago and the other is my 'Around the World' charm bracelet which features iconic charms from all the countries I've visited. You'll see charms from the UK, Australia, Italy, Rome, Singapore {how more patriotic can one get? =D}, France, Thailand, Spain, USA (San Frans!), New Zealand and Holland ... and as you've probably guessed, this one is special to me. Each charm unlocks a floodgate of wonderful memories ... it's my perfect tool for reminiscing!

I was in the mood for a new charm bracelet and have always wanted a coin-themed charm bracelet. So I improvised a little and chose coin-like beads such as tiger ebony wood, pewter Baoule discs and Tibetan silver flower power ones ... and viola! A new charm bracelet was born at approximately 5.25pm last evening! And the unique story behind this one? I guess it tells of my love for patterns, symmetry and geometry, be it circles, squares, lines or swirls!

2 comments:

lola said...

Hi, Marsha, your bracelets are very nice, actually we are in the same mood. Really I love charm bracelets and everyone I make remembers me a lovely one that my father gave me as a birthday present when I was a child.

Anonymous said...

I am now inspired to look out for charms and create a special theme for my next bracelet. Not that I do not like my un-themed ones..... still love them.

My collection can be completed faster with your help, right? So you know what to do..........don't just get maggies but charms too for moi!!!!

I can't think of a theme yet but will let you know when I do.

MuM