Thursday 19 April 2007

cool customising ...

It's great fun and highly enjoyable to customise a piece of jewelry for someone. So when my cousin, Nat, said she needed a necklace in red to match her dolly shoes, I jumped right at it and got my creative juices working overtime. She wanted a choker-like necklace, without any pendant/chandelier drops and interspersed with silver spacer beads. So in a nutshell, our project went from:

this -













to this -









and this -













then this -












and finally - TA-DAH!!!




I love the way the beads graduate in size and
those cool Tibetan silver spacer beads just simply
rock! We, great minds *ahem!*, thought of the same thing
and felt that a beady dangle at the back of the necklace would finish the piece off pretty nicely
and finish off nicely it did! I'm uber proud of this OOAK (one-of-a-kind) creation ... Thanks, Nat, for challenging my creativity! I sure did enjoy myself!

So inspired was I by Nat's Dolly Necklace, that I decided to make a turquoise and wooden choker, aptly named The Copacabana Choker for my store as it sure has a holiday-by-the-beach feel about it ... looks like I still haven't snapped out of my holiday mood, huh? *wink wink* =D

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hehehehehehe.

Love it Mar - thank you!! Got the dolly shoes on today... plan to wear them again next week with my new necklace :D :D

*mwah*

E and E Bungalow said...

Looks great and your turquoise one rocks too! Very beachy indeed! :)

lola said...

I love the red necklace! It´s ...let me say in my own language, muy lindo!