Monday 28 May 2007

A great day @ Cambridge

We decided to go for a drive up north to Cambridge on Saturday and thank goodness we did as the weather went downhill from Sunday onwards. Cambridge is pure 'student town' as it's home to the various varsities ... We parked and walked all over this quaint town, took in the various sights, admired the architecture, did a little bit of shopping and by the end of it all, we were all so relaxed, we were almost horizontal!


Oh and speaking of shopping, we came across this fab t-shirt store which sold some guaranteed conversational pieces ... here are some of my faves (you may want to click on them for an enlarged view):














































And my personal favourite? This:

After exercising our facial muscles during our 10 minute non-stop laughter, we carried on our walkabout ... and imagine my glee when i saw this!

WOOHOOOO!!!!!!!!!!! It was awesome meeting the independent artists and viewing their creations! There were silversmiths, potters, carpenters, musicians, painters, photographers and other various wonderful artists! It's no wonder I felt so at home ... =)

At around tea-time, we decided to chill out at a cafe nearby over an apple strudel and seriously to-die-for cafe latte ... the little one was fast asleep by then so I got to enjoy EVERY.SINGLE.DROP. of my latte!

My mum will be leaving next week, and I'm already missing her. I'm glad we got to spend so much time together though and I'm definitely savouring all our outings and stay-at-home-ings whilst she's here ... and look back on them with plenty of smiles and laughter after she leaves ...

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

It sounds like you had a great time this weekend. Love the shirts. Especially the dad one.

Anonymous said...

I like the one where I'm small but influential.

Ahahahahahahaha.

N
xx

Bonny (Bonny Jewelry) said...

Sounds like you had an absolutely glorious time - what a wonderful way to spend the day! (and the t-shirts were great for an early morning giggle!)

Jenn Sheridan said...

Cambridge is lovely, we used to live in the area....
I agree, Thai Green Curry is the best!

E and E Bungalow said...

What a fun trip you had! Cambridge looks like a lovely city! I really do need to visit the UK someday soon. The t-shirts are hilarious and I bet you were in heaven at the art/craft market! :)

Anonymous said...

Goo'daye Mate!

I'm back from Sydney/Melbourne!!! And I bought you magnets like you asked! I hope you'll like them like I do.... I think they're very pretty!!! Say Hi to mom for me and tell her not to worry as everything is in order!

Sandra Eileen said...

What a lovely day you had, i love the small but influential shirt, i could get that for my puppy.

lola said...

Enjoy every moment you are with your mom, then keep into your heart all good memories.

Over The Top Aprons said...

Marsha, You have such a great blog. I want to learn how to do mine better but I am still in the learning phase The pictures are marvelous. I had to opportunity to go on a 6 weeks trip to Europe this past summer. Italy,France,Spain,etc. It was such a delight. (Because I was not even able to climb a step for 30 years I was not able to even consider traveling much). But I fell in love with the "old world charm". And I love seeing pictures from other countries. Your child is "beautiful" if you can say that for a young boy. Thank you so much for commenting on my blog. I do appreciate that. Corline