Thursday 17 May 2007

**A WONDERFUL SURPRISE VISIT FROM ...**

... ... MY MUM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Two nights ago, I got a call pretty late in the evening from my mum, who's supposedly back home in Singapore (which is 7 hours ahead of London time). So I was naturally surprised that she wasn't asleep yet. Check out our conversation below:

Mum: Hi!!!!!!!! It's meeeeeee!
Me: Huh? Hi Mee! What time is it there now? Why aren't you asleep?
Mum: You'll never guess where I am now.
Me: Where?
Mum: I'm in Sydney! I decided to join your sis on her vacation on impulse!

(The conversation went into more depth about where she's staying in Sydney etc ... and I begun to have my suspicions! Wanna know why? I had been punked before by her ... just last December on my birthday, as a matter of fact! *grin*)

Me: You're HERE in LONDON right????
Mum: (trying her hardest to sound like I'M going berserk) HUH???? You must be losing your mind.
Me: YOU'RE HERE RIGHT? YOU'RE TRYING TO TRICK ME AGAIN RIGHT?

(At this point in time, my mind was racing and the pieces started to fit - hubba told me he'll be late for dinner ... which could be that he went to the airport to pick up mum!!!! Just like what had happened last year ... you know the saying, "Once bitten, twice shy"? How very true! Haha!)

Me: RIGHT???????? You're just downstairs! RIGHT??????? I just KNOW you're downstairs!!! (hyperventilating and crossing fingers, toes and all ... )

{Just then, hubba comes home (talk about a staged entrance!)}. And he couldn't have looked more uneasy! A series of investigative questions followed ... I had a feeling my mum was using his mobile to call me so I kept insisting he show me his mobile ... and obviously, he couldn't produce it ... haha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

*knock on the door*

TA-DAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My mummy's here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

YAY!!!

Hi Auntie D :D *waves*

N
xx

Anonymous said...

how AWESOME! i hope you have a wonderful visit with your Mum - how fun that she surprised you!!!
xoxo

Beadinky said...

Oh my gosh!! How sweet is that. What an awesome suprise, now I'm all choked up and gotta go call my Mom. :D

Hope you guys have a blast together. Shel.

lola said...

Lucky Marsha, your mum is visiting you. I know how one feels when mum is far away. I couldn´t see my mother for 12 years, it was terrible. Now, fortunately, I can take care of her, she is 92, but she looks great and love making crosswords!

Sakura said...

Wow Marsha thats soooooooo cool what a fab surprise :D You must be so pleased :) And your mum looks reeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaally young!! Have fun together.
***sakura***

Bonny (Bonny Jewelry) said...

What a great surprise! Enjoy your time together - I'm sure she'll love catching up with you and the grandchildren :)

Anonymous said...

Hi!!!!!!

I Bet you had the shock of your life.... again!!!!! :D

I'm having great fun in Sydney/Melbourne!!!

Say Hi to mum and the kids for meee!